The originally Romanesque Church of the Virgin Mary Under the Chain from the second half of the 12th century owes its position to Judita’s Bridge. It was the predecessor of the Charles Bridge, whose heel is in the places where the church lays. The entire local area was later established by the Maltese Order, which had its small fortifications there.
Approximately in the first half of the 14th century, the basilica was then rebuilt into a Gothic temple, where Charles IV was exposed after his death. In 1420, like many other Prague churches, this temple burned down and due to theyt repaired it in 1503. Then the temple variously modified. Another change was in the middle of the 17th century, when Carl Lurag restored it in Baroque style. After all itt did not meet the fundamental changes, except for the purchase of a new altar dedicated to St John from Nepomuky.
Lázeňská 285/13, 118 00 Praha-Malá Strana, Czechia
+420 257 530 876
Now Open Now Closed
Here you can find some more places which are like this one.